Sunday, June 1, 2008

Home Repairs

We did something we NEVER do...we hired someone to do some work for us. We had a cabinet over out counter blocking the view from the kitchen to the dinning room. I had wanted it gone since we moved in. Well while I was gone last week to Branson, MO with my grandparents and parents with the kids CJ had it taken out. (I will post about Branson soon) Here are some before and after pictures of the kitchen.

Before...notice the nice BLUE carpet in the kitchen and dinning.






After...notice the nice view and the tile. (CJ and my Dad put that in before Caleb was born)



I love it...I lost a little cabinet space...but gained so much space on the counter. All I need to do is put up the wall paper and the guy who did the work needs to do one more thing. I am soooo Happy.


On another note...Here is the Master Bath before we did all the work. I looked for this picture when I did an earlier post...just now found it. My favorite part was the nice light bar. Very 70's.



This is the master bath now. We are still going to pain the cabinets...but the walls are now textured and we have new mirrors and lights. Someday maybe...just maybe we will have clean counters...I am not holding my breath.

2 comments:

The Brackeens said...

Wow! The kitchen looks great. It's so open now! I was wondering about the lost storage space, though. :) Bath looks great, too. I can tell you all about 70s bathrooms! Ha! Ha! We're still living in ours. ;) Bathrooms and kitchen...that's where the money is...when you move, that is... :)

Lone Starr State of Mind said...

WOW Mitch! It looks great! Can't wait to come check it out soon. =)

http://lilypie.com/

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker