Monday, July 21, 2008

One Small Toss, One Giant Leap

Today is a great day...and a sad day. My little girl is growing up. When I was in Amarillo this week I went to Toy's R Us and bought Alyssa a play hair styling kit.

For a few months Alyssa has been using the Variable Calipers from her tool set as a curling iron and a closed end box wrench as a brush. So we decided she needed a toy curling iron. I did not let Alyssa know that I bought the toy and when we got home CJ and I told her that when she was three she was going to get to trade her pacifiers for this toy. CJ told her that she could do it earlier it was her decision.


Now we have been working up to this a little we have been telling her for a few months that when she is three we are going to throw her pacifiers away. She would tell us this every once in a while. I think she was ready.


Well today after her nap she was ready. I tried to talk her out of it, but she was ready. She and CJ went and got all her pacis out of her room and we took them to the trash. She did not cry or anything, but I almost did. (Silly I know...and so not my style)


I was expecting a big fit tonight, but no we have not had one yet...as of 20 minutes of being in bed. She just wanted her curling iron beside her bed. She wanted to sleep with it, but I have to draw the line. She can be a little girly...but that is ridiculous.


I think that she was ready. I will keep you posted on the progress. Here is a video of the tossing of the pacis.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm taking notes for when our day comes...and dreading it as well! Way to go Alyssa! What a big girl!

The Brackeens said...

Wow! That was too easy. I guess she was ready! Love the story of Jonah, too! ;)

Anonymous said...

That was amazingly easy! I thought you were in for a battle because she did seem to love her paci so much - volunteering to go take a nap a various times of the day. Alyssa is such a big girl and such a blessing to her grands!

Our Family said...

Now if that isn't one STRONG Texas accent! Too Cute!

GREAT JOB ALYSSA!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH GIRL.....do you make beautiful children or what!! It was so good to see the pictures of them, they are growing up so fast! I hope ya'll are doing ok
Lots of Love

Anonymous said...

I have something she can suck instead of her paci

http://lilypie.com/

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker