Friday, September 5, 2008

1st Day of School

Today was Alyssa's first day of school. She is just going one day a week for 2 1/2 hours. Last night Alyssa was really pumped up for school. We had to get into bed early and set out our clothes. She was so excited. I think that she was up about 3 times last night saying that she needed to go to the bathroom, but we think she was just too excited and kept waking herself up. This morning when I went in to wake her up, I said Alyssa are you ready to get up and go to school. She JUMPED up. She was soooo excited.

When we finally got in the car to go she was so excited. We got to the class and she threw her backpack on the ground and ran to a chair. I got her to come back and find her cubby, then she went back to the chair and asked the nearest teacher, "what are we going to learn? what is that for?" Full of questions and no fear. She was so ready. All the other kids were playing with the blocks and other stuff and Alyssa was chatting with the teachers trying to figure out the schedule for the day.
Here are pictures.








Another funny Alyssa story. We have been talking to her for a few weeks that when she is three she will be going to school. She kept telling us, "when I am three I will go to school and teach my kids." I guess she has been listening to us when we tell her that Daddy goes to school to teach kids. We will see how much "teaching" she does.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

She is too cute!

elizabeth said...

what a milestone for alyssa! she looks so big with her backpack. she sounds just like you! :)

http://lilypie.com/

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker