Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lessons Learned in Spain




I know that I should blog more about our trip to Spain, but instead I thought I would post some things that I learned from our trip.

1. Traveling with High School students is not as bad as I thought.
2. High School students do not know the value of sleep...they liked to stay up until about 5 in the morning...then we had to be up at 7 to start our day. (not smart)
3. NEVER say these words before taking a trip..."I will NOT be pregnant on this trip."
4. Morning sickness in a foreign country...not fun. Especially with the smells in Morocco.
5. Learning about another culture is really fun, but watching your husband have a blast using his second language is priceless.
6. Having to remind your husband about every 10 minutes that you did not understand the conversation that just happened (because it all was in Spanish) gets rather annoying.


Now I will leave you with a few pictures from the trip. Enjoy.








6 comments:

Shannon said...

Wait a minute...am I just slow, or did you announce something in #3 and #4????? Congratulations!!?? I need more details:)

Meredith said...

Ummmmmmmmmm.............I'm pretty sure I just read a pregnancy post?????? LOL! Congrats!!!

Brooke said...

Congratulations Mama Chaney!

Glenna Burns said...

Congratulations on your newest prospect !!! You and CJ look so happy in the pictures. I am proud of both of you and your fantastic children. GG

The Brackeens said...

Great pics, Mitch! All of them...especially the first and last. The pregnancy one makes me laugh, and I'm glad CJ had so much fun with his Espanol. Very cool!

Christi Stark said...

Hey, this is Christi from your New Orleans SBC - I found your blog through Jennifer's. Brian and I actually saw you at Ta Molly's a while back but you were with other people and we didn't want to interrupt. Anyway looks like you're doing great - and congrats on your pregnancy! :)

http://lilypie.com/

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker