Friday, March 7, 2008

A lot can happen in 15 miutes!!

Last night was a little crazy for about 15 minutes. CJ had gone to the van to get something and saw black smoke over the house. At about the same time I saw flames from our kitchen through the fence. I ran out the back door at the same time that CJ had gotten the gate open, was calling 911 and trying to get the water hose on. Our dumpster was on fire.

So while CJ was getting the hose Jana, one of my college roommates called, and my grandparents showed up for dinner. I was trying to chat with Jana, watch my husband put out a fire and Alyssa was screaming that she wanted to show Tutu and Papa the trick that she can get Mazi to do. So while I was on the phone we got Mazi to do the trick and the fire truck showed up. CJ had the big flames out, but the dumpster is a total loss.

I took Alyssa out to see the firemen, but she was a little freaked out. So in about 15 minutes we had just a little excitement around here.

By the way Caleb slept through all of this!! Lucky boy!


Alyssa getting Mazi to "balance"



What is left of the old dumpster. Sorry I forgot to get a picture when the melted one was still here.



Here is the new dumpster.

CJ said that he is excited because the old one was not in very good condition.

The lid liked to slam on you.




3 comments:

The Brackeens said...

I told you guys to stop throwing cigarette butts into the dumpster! ; Just kidding...

Shannon said...

Scary! So, did you figure out what made it catch on fire (besides the cigarette butts of course)?

Love your ski trip pictures. Looks like a lot of fun!

Lori said...

Good grief!! That is scary. I am glad it was just the dumpster. I will not be at class on Sun. night if you are there, but Meredith mentioned something about a playdate week after next. Sounds fun to me, so keep me posted. Mere. has my phone number.

http://lilypie.com/

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker